Re: *blocking access to rebel web sites

  • From: J. Oquendo
  • Date: Wed Sep 15 08:44:59 2004

>> Russian Internet providers block access to Chechen rebel web site

Please excuse my off-topic response.

Earlier this year I was researching terror related websites and snagged
the top 25 (according to Alexa, and articles mentioning these sites)
"Jihad(iot)" related "terror" sites and found that of the 25 sites, 22
were running in my own backyard, America. Rather than make this already
off topic post longer here is the link to the article for anyone who would
like to read it. Basically, whois, nslookup information for the top sites.
I didn't bother posting the other 3 since they had little relevance to
someone else's "War on Terror"

http://www.politrix.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1141

As for Kavkaz... Same *foo* different day. ISP's can block all they'd
like to, but it does little since my government tells me the terrorists
now use crypto, proxies, and weapons of mass destruction. So most of these
cmopilliterates are now hijacking mars rovers to read my GMail and plot,
just what I needed.

whois kavkaz.org
Domain Name: KAVKAZ.ORG
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL:
Name Server: ATRIVO.BASSINTER.COM
Name Server: ATRIVO2.BASSINTER.COM
Updated Date: 23-feb-2002
Registrant:
Udug, Movladi (KAVKAZ14-DOM)
10 Bird Lane
Orlando, FL 32860
US
Domain Name: KAVKAZ.ORG
Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Udug, Movladi (ZWWPQJQEGI) [email protected]
Udug,Movladi
10 Bird Lane
Orlando, FL 32860
US
+1-9745572730 123 123 1234

# whois -a 66.28.38.232

OrgName: Cogent Communications
OrgID: COGC
NetRange: 66.28.0.0 - 66.28.255.255
CIDR: 66.28.0.0/16
NetName: COGENT-NB-0000
TechHandle: ZC108-ARIN
TechName: Cogent Communications
TechPhone: +1-877-875-4311
TechEmail: [email protected]

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x51F9D78D
Fingerprint 2A48 BA18 1851 4C99

CA22 0619 DB63 F2F7 51F9 D78D
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x51F9D78D

sil @ politrix . org    http://www.politrix.org
sil @ infiltrated . net http://www.infiltrated.net

"How can we account for our present situation unless we
believe that men high in this government are concerting
to deliver us to disaster?" Joseph McCarthy "America's
Retreat from Victory"