Re: Open-Source Network Management Tools

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Wed Sep 15 03:21:21 2004

In reality, to get best results, use some combination of few such systems.
All have string sides and weak sides.
(For example, snmpstat shows excellent network view, allowing to see exactly
what is going on, and shows good unlimited traffic patterns, such as average
packet size etc, have embedded tickets and reports,  but have hardcoded set
of parameters so if you want something out of it's scope, it's not enough.
Others, such as nagual or cricket, allows to monitor everything but can not
show
system overview and do not have usage reports. )