Re: 30 Gmail Invites

  • From: Richard Cox
  • Date: Mon Sep 13 08:25:58 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:03:57 +0100 <[email protected]> wrote:

> I find it interesting how many people are concerned with sending email
> to gmail users yet are quite willing to send email to public mailing
> lists that are archived and indexed by Google.

There is in most cases a significantly lower expectation of privacy when
sending to any public mailing list (regardless of who indexes it) than
when sending to a single individual.

The difference you cite is, therefore, somewhat understandable.

Even more so if people set up forwards from their existing email
addresses into GMail accounts, when the senders do not know that
the mail they send will be read on Gmail.

--
Richard Cox