Re: European Nanog?

  • From: Arnold Nipper
  • Date: Mon Sep 13 07:44:45 2004

On 13.09.2004 13:27 william(at)elan.net wrote:

> I'm not so certain about RIPE NCC to RIPE relationship though, I suspect
> that RIPE NCC is a subset (RIR services or) larger RIPE organization that
> is involved in other activities, i.e. RIPE NCC < RIPE

No, that's not true. There is no order function for EOF, RIPE and RIPE
NCC. While EOF has a RIPE WG status it is not a RIPE WG (this was at
least my understanding). And the only relation between RIPE and RIPE NCC
is that RIPE NCC is "provid(es)ing administrative support for RIPE".

> But of course, overall funding for RIPE still comes from RIPE NCC, so
> while other activities of RIPE are not necessarilty parts of RIPE NCC
> they are still funded by it :)

There is no overall funding for RIPE. For what? Meeting costs and the
like are paid for by the meeting participants.

Arnold