Re: 30 Gmail Invites

  • From: Curtis Maurand
  • Date: Mon Sep 13 07:25:46 2004

Hell, I couldn't even log into it. The system was "Temporarily unavailable" when I tried.

Curtis

Petri Helenius wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Does anyone really believe that people will use
gmail as their one and only email account? Perhaps they
are really using it for trading DIVX encoded movies.
After all, the cost of sending a DIVX encoded movie from
one gmail.com mailbox to another gmail.com mailbox is
relatively low. What happens to your network when
this happens and instead of receiving a stream of HTML search pages from Google, you now start receiving
huge DIVX film downloads, all from a single site!

I thought there was a message size limit which is far below the mailbox size limit? Haven't tried if they are able to piece up large messages from MIME headers or such.

Pete