Please *stop* with the GMAIL invites

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Sat Sep 11 15:31:35 2004

Trust me, anyone that has a gmail account now has invites. They're a dime a dozen, and it only comes across as spam, in my book. If you want to play the game of who's in, and who isn't, I suggest you go play on orkut, where there's still a pretense of exclusivity. Please consider the charter of the list when you post these things. Some of us read multiple mailing lists, and this sort of thing just adds to the noise.

We now return to our regularly scheduled SPF flame fests.

--
I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on
every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble,