Re: ISP Policies

  • From: Peter Wohlers
  • Date: Thu Sep 09 21:46:33 2004

Once upon a career, I was involved with shipping cargo via ocean vessel to Kuwait (and other Arab countries). We had to provide signed affadavits from the ships owners that the carrying vessels were neither Israeli owned nor would call any Israeli ports during the voyage.

If Arab countries' ISP's were to follow the same political philosophy, I could see them filtering accordingly.

In short, politics.

Is it 'normal'?

Boy, is that a loaded question ;)

--Peter Wohlers

Tulip Rasputin wrote:

So can you give me an example of why and when would an ISP *not* want its traffic to flow via some other AS(es). Is it a normal policy to have, and do most of the ISPs have such policies in place?

Thanks,
Tulip

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>