Re: "Intel calls for Internet overhaul"

  • From: Tom (UnitedLayer)
  • Date: Thu Sep 09 17:55:40 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Daniel Golding wrote:
> It has become trendy, in some circles,
> performance/congestion/non-deterministic nature/lack of security/<insert
> issue here>. After firmly denouncing the Internet, the company or
> individual then touts their product, which will fix/replace/augment the
> Internet.

Really? Vendors trying to sell useless products? no way!
Its amazing the level of internet snake oil that still persists; and even
more hillarious is what people pay for it. I thought the bubble bursting
would've cut that out, yet still people pay actual dollars for "optimized"
internet routing appliances, and craptacular PC's filled with duct tape
and glue software.

> In the mean time, I've decided to enjoy the Internet in the precious little
> time it has left. (yes, that was sarcasm)

Well, we can always enjoy Internet2...