RE: MPLS signaling

  • From: Rump Bryant
  • Date: Wed Sep 08 10:35:09 2004

I think this depends on the network.  Most major tier 1 public IP backbones
do not necessarily run QoS through the core.  MPLS in these networks is used
for traffic engineering such as constraint-based routing and dynamic LSPs.
Private MPLS-based networks may (and do) use dynamic QoS signaling. Maybe
someone who maintains one of these networks could chime in.

Bryant