Re: Are AOL's MXs mass rejecting anyone else's emails?

  • From: Christopher X. Candreva
  • Date: Tue Sep 07 12:16:41 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Jon Lewis wrote:

> Yeah...there's a certain amount of GIGO since the scomp system relies on
> the lusers to decide what's spam and what's not...but that's not a serious
> problem.  IME, AOL won't block you unless you're getting thousands of
> scomp complaints/day and seem to be ignoring them.  A handful of bogus
> ones are just a few messages your abuse people can delete when they see
> the mail appears to not really be spam.

Well, maybe I'm spoiled. :-) Thing is, our 'abuse people' is me. I used to
measure the number of mails sent to [email protected] in <10 messages/month, and most
of those are misdirected for westnet.net, or west.net, or westnet.com.au or
. . . take your pick.

As of now the bulk of all abuse mail is scomp noise. If anything I'm afraid
I'm going to miss a real problem burried in the garbage.

Chris Candreva  -- [email protected] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/