Re: Are AOL's MXs mass rejecting anyone else's emails?

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Tue Sep 07 08:27:52 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> Thats not been our experience at all.  On the 2 times we have had to talk
> to them we didnt have much trouble getting through to someone clueful and
> useful.  Compared to the other big providers I have dealt with in the past
> they were by far the most amenable to working to fix the problem.

When I ran into this issue (a couple years ago), AOL's postmaster group
had a week backlog on tickets...so I was able to call and talk to
someone, but they couldn't tell me much other than to wait for a callback.

Any network that doesn't already have it, I highly recommend signing up
for AOL's feedback loop (aka scomp reports) at
http://postmaster.aol.com/tools/fbl.html.  This will give you a sort of
early warning system notifying you of spam issues on your network.
Dealing with those issues will very likely keep you from being blocked by
AOL.

In the mean time, the original person's only option may be to change the
IP(s) they use to deliver mail to AOL.  That's what I did while I waited
for my week later call-back...and it worked.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |