Re: Are AOL's MXs mass rejecting anyone else's emails?

  • From: Robert Blayzor
  • Date: Tue Sep 07 08:16:02 2004

Peter Galbavy wrote:

Where does the 400lb gorilla lie down ? Whereever it likes.

AOL does pretty much anything it wants to. If they start 500'ing your mail, it becomes your problem. Unless you have a large budget and a good legal team.

I'm not calling them out on it, I'm just stating that rejecting mail with a 500 series error due to a PTR record not being looked up will cause more problems and benefit. Temporary DNS errors do occur so slapping mail with a 500 could and will reject legit mail. Of course, AOL can do whatever they please....

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

"Where's the ka-boom? There's supposed to be an
 Earth-shattering ka-boom!...Heavens! Someone has
 stolen the Illudium Q-38 Explosive Space Modulator!
The Earth creature has *stolen* the Space Modulator!"