Re: OT- need a new GSM provider

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Fri Sep 03 14:15:36 2004

> You can get most of these phones unlocked from the sim lock
> and then <british>flog</british> it on ebay - goes to the time
> and effort costs of the aggrevation of dealing with mobile
> operators.

i plan to send the shattered remains of that phone back to AT&T
in case they think that my small claims suit is a way to get myself
a low-cost phone by proving that they violated the contract first.

besides which, i hated the phone.  i couldn't get it out of my
pocket without hitting the voice-call button.  the asynchronous
nature of the java-based UI meant that the softkeys often changed
what they meant while i was trying to press one.  what a total
piece of garbage.