Re: RIPE "Golden Networks" Document ID - 229/210/178

  • From: Bill Manning
  • Date: Thu Sep 02 12:09:17 2004

well....

RIPE is the RIR for Europe. RIPE-229 is, from my viewpoint, arbitrary and capricious.
the root servers are -ONE- set of interesting servers. what about the web sites that point
to these "important" documents? or the time servers, or my NOC & monitoring machines?

The idea of an Internet Registry stepping into giving routing advice is a leap of faith.
An RIR can tell you what was delegated - but presuming to give advice on what is important
for everyone that uses IP protocols is over the top.

so no, i don't use this document as a guideline for "golden networks". the advice on
dampening is important tho and it worthwhile.