Re: Definition of P2P (was Feinstein)

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Sep 02 02:22:37 2004

Joe Johnson wrote:

All this hit here in Illinois when the Super DCMA took effect, and it
technically became illegal to use a router in your home (as the Illinois
DCMA restricts the ability to hide the source or destination of any
electronic communication, kinda like NAT).  I certainly didn't pull NAT
off my home or my office connections! I think no one has been called
down (e.g., no one has challenged) on the law, but I could be arrested
at any time for running a basic Netgear router on my broadband at home.

Making NAT illegal is a good idea, however it was done for all the wrong reasons.

Pete