Linux w/o checking TCP sequence numbers

  • From: Steve Francis
  • Date: Wed Sep 01 14:19:18 2004

Not really the right forum for this, but the kindo f thing nanog'ers know: Is there a way to make Linux ignore TCP sequence numbers?

My goal is to be able to have a test network with servers that a point real traffic at, mirrored off the live network.
Of course, only the live servers will be responding with the SYN-ACKs, etc. The test servers replies won't make it out.
So when the client replies, sequence numbers would be wrong on the test servers, and they'd kill the connection. However, I've been told there is a way to make Linux ignore the sequence numbers, and assume the packet is good.
I can't find anything on google with all the thousands of patches to Linux about tcp sequence numbers, so anyone have any clues?

Thanks