XP SP2 other than windows update

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Wed Sep 01 07:02:08 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, David A. Ulevitch wrote:
> > would provide). If anyone's that desperate, email me. I only used it
> > after waiting a week with the "Automatic Updates" switched on, and
> > nothing arriving.
>
> Microsoft isn't hiding the link:
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165b076b-aaa9-443d-84f0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

CompUSA is offering to install XP SP2 on any Windows XP computer for free
if you bring your computer to any of their stores.  Expect them to use
the opportunity to try to sell you some upgrades or security software.

You can order a Free CD on the Microsoft web site.  Although it says 4-6
weeks, people report they are getting a CD in the mail in about a week.

There has been talk about Microsoft XP SP2 CD's being distribued through
various consumer and business electronics stores.  But I haven't seen
any yet.