re: Senator Diane Feinstein Wants to know about the Benefits of P2P

  • From: David A. Ulevitch
  • Date: Wed Sep 01 04:40:35 2004

<quote who="Roland Perry">

> I have a solution, but it's expensive. A url for the whole 266MB
> download (and not the smaller selective download that Windows Update
> would provide). If anyone's that desperate, email me. I only used it
> after waiting a week with the "Automatic Updates" switched on, and
> nothing arriving.

Microsoft isn't hiding the link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165b076b-aaa9-443d-84f0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

linked from:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/winxpsp2.mspx
(well, click "get the service pack" and then "download")

Just because sp2torrent.com is down doesn't mean the rest of the torrent
world is.  Supernova.org seems to have some links to an SP2 torrent or
two.

as usual, ymmv,
davidu

   David A. Ulevitch - Founder, EveryDNS.Net
   http://david.ulevitch.com -- http://everydns.net