re: Senator Diane Feinstein Wants to know about the Benefits of P2P

  • From: Roland Perry
  • Date: Wed Sep 01 04:08:32 2004

In article <[email protected]>, Brian Battle <[email protected]> writes
Akamai or not, microsoft is overwhelmed by the demand for SP2, and today is
giving the message listed below on windowsupdate:

Download and install it now  - Currently not available
We are currently experiencing a high level of demand for Windows XP Service
Pack 2, so please check back later for availability. We apologize for any
inconvenience. If you prefer to obtain SP2 another way, the easiest way to
get Service Pack 2 is to turn on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows XP
and it will be downloaded when you are connected to the Internet without you
having to take any further action.

So then I thought about getting it from the torrent at sp2torrent.com, but
sadly microsoft has made them remove the torrent...

I have a solution, but it's expensive. A url for the whole 266MB download (and not the smaller selective download that Windows Update would provide). If anyone's that desperate, email me. I only used it after waiting a week with the "Automatic Updates" switched on, and nothing arriving.
--
Roland Perry