Re: BGP Homing Question

  • From: Daniel Roesen
  • Date: Mon Aug 30 19:51:43 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:24:11PM -0400, Joe Provo wrote:
> > Anyone knows who filters these days?
>
> Lots of folks; manually though? Few.  Be sure your data is accurate in
> [a trusted limb of] the IRR and it should be a non-issue.

But only then. Only IRRs where the IP address allocation is tied
together with route registration protection, IRR route registration
data is trustable "enough" for filtering purposes. As far as I know,
this is the case only for the RIPE database today.

What can I trust RADB when everyone (with access) can add arbitrary
route objects for netblocks they don't own? This helps only (at best)
against fat-finger-jobs.

Regards,
Daniel