Re: Senator Diane Feinstein Wants to know about the Benefits of P2P

  • From: David A. Ulevitch
  • Date: Mon Aug 30 15:56:23 2004

<quote who="Byron L. Hicks">
> In fact, I would be very
> reluctant to trust a Windows update downloaded via P2P.

why?

Not only were there many sources all showing the same MD5 hash (and for
the time being, we can still trust MD5...)  BUT it was also digitally
signed by Microsoft which was easily verifiable.

Then again, I would be reluctant to install it because I have no idea how
my debian system would respond... :)

-david

   David A. Ulevitch - Founder, EveryDNS.Net
   http://david.ulevitch.com -- http://everydns.net