Re: Data about DDOS attacks? (was Re: FBI bust DDoS 'Mafia')

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Mon Aug 30 07:31:03 2004

On 30-aug-04, at 11:29, Sean Donelan wrote:

This will scare them and will decrease the DDoS attacks from now and on.

Does anyone have any data whether DDOS attacks have increased or
decreased?
I can tell you this much: several of my customers have been buying additional / better hardware in order to be able to cope with denial of service attacks.

As far as I can tell it has been getting worse over the past few years.