Re: 10 GE WAN PHY status?

  • From: Stefan Mink
  • Date: Sun Aug 29 17:16:51 2004

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 02:02:27PM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> Correct, Extreme doesn't sell WAN PHY Xenpaks. On the other hand they
> don't code their Xenpaks so WAN PHY xenpaks work in their equipment,
> although it's not supported.

mhm, I'm still reluctant to use such a combination in a production
network if I don't have an officially supported fallback.

But having a look at it doesn't hurt :]  Any pointers to
vendors of wan phy xenpaks?

   tschuess
             Stefan
--
Stefan Mink, Schlund+Partner AG (AS 8560)
Primary key fingerprint: 389E 5DC9 751F A6EB B974  DC3F 7A1B CF62 F0D4 D2BA