RE: 10 GE WAN PHY status?

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Sat Aug 28 06:30:00 2004

> Are there other products I missed? Are there XENPAKs already
> available which work with main stream switch manufacturers
> although they don't sell them themselves so far?
>
> Grateful for any pointers or experiences...

Most of the current optical DWDM systems that operators use
today [i.e. >2 years old] can't do it and its not just a
connector issue.

A lot of new optical systems claim they can do it and
as operators role out next gen DWDM you will see this
product get more widespread deployment, I suspect that
will happen in the next 12 months or so.

Regards,
Neil.