RE: optics pricing (Re: Weird GigE Media Converter Behavior)

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Sat Aug 28 00:21:04 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Michel Py wrote:

> so darn pricey it's because it's so darn good. Like Rolls-Royce cars,
> the ones that buy them are typically not the ones that drive them, so
> technical arguments tend to become irrelevant.

If the VSR card was $899k, the SR card was $999k and the LR card was $1099
you wouldn't hear any complaints from me.

It's the fact that Cisco is reselling optics (which is not their core
business as far as I see it) at a huge markup that is bothering me.

But then again, if other people want to pay a huge premium that's their
problem, I'm not buying it.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]