Anybody at ATT.net email services?

  • From: Vish Yelsangikar
  • Date: Wed Aug 25 20:13:19 2004

We're having trouble with ATT delaying our email. They are using a
"grey-listing" technique to filter spam. Their mail servers give a
"deferred" message and ask you to resend your email two hours later.
The mail is allowed through on the retry. This filters out most spam,
because most spam engines ignore return codes and will not retry. This
is causing problems, because our mail servers are getting all clogged up
with email to att.net customers and slowing down.

Our difficulty has been in finding someone at AT&T to speak with about
this. Can somebody from ATT.net help Netflix?

Thanks

Vish.