Re: More telecommunication equipment thefts

  • From: Ziggy David Lubowa
  • Date: Mon Aug 23 08:30:14 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:12:29 -0400 (EDT), Sean Donelan wrote
> Thieves recently stole expensive telecommunications equipment from 26
> sites in the city, temporarily knocking out service to thousands of
> Comcast customers.
> BY ALAN SKOLNICK
>
> In a caper eerily similar to the the theft of $200,000 worth of AT&T
> Broadband equipment in 2000, high-tech thieves raided 26 outdoor amplifier
> sites in Cooper City, causing as many as 14,000 Comcast customers to
> lose cable service for up to two hours. [...] Thieves used the same
> method to steal 11 amplifiers in The Landings in Pembroke Pines two
> to three weeks ago, and there were prior thefts in Miramar. ''As
> soon as we upgrade an area and put new equipment in, it seems to get
> hit,'' Tamas said. [...]

++ wouldnt this pass off as sabotage by someone who actually knows the
runnings of the business i.e competitors maybe :) . I know something similar
happened in Congo where Supercell which is an MTN affiliate got their
equipment robbed, now they in the process of closing down . A pretty big hit
for a telco i believe.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/states/florida/counties/browar
d_county/9457328.htm?1c

Regards