Re: Has postini been taken over?

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Fri Aug 20 01:38:31 2004

At 10:17 PM 19-08-04 -0700, Ray Wong wrote:

> I am just trying to understand how postini is bypassing my anti-spam ACLs.

Again, you haven't answered his question.... Did your ISP or some other
email provider possibly sign up for Postini?  How many different domain
addresses forward into your account?  If you accept mail from any other
server for any other domain, that domain could be a postini customer.
You are missing my point. I am the ISP. I have a *downstream* customer who may or may not have signed up to Postini. This *downstream* customer is bypassing my anti-spam ACLs by somehow using Postini. I am trying to figure out how Postini works.

-Hank

Postini does not originate or forward spam, they filter mail destined for
their customer domains.  Some spam gets through their filters, because
spammers are smart and adaptively evil.  It's really quite simple.

--

Ray Wong
[email protected]