Re: Specialty Technical Publishers

  • From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
  • Date: Thu Aug 19 15:33:08 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Matt Ghali wrote:

Aah, the wonders of dropping a site somewhere in China and forgetting about it. If spammers can do it....

If you put vague enough info into WHOIS, and host the site correctly (DNS on about seven free services ought to be enough, the actual site on a couple of round-robins pointed at things like servers overseas).

I didn't say it was ethical, but just think how much more money it costs the lawyers to try and find you.

(Which, if you lose, they'll pass on to you -- be careful).

It's about this point that I say this is why I like animals and computers and hate people.

-Dan

PS: Of course, Matt, for yourself, you're posting specific customer data. But the fact that they try to blame you for it tends to only strengthen your claim.