Re: Specialty Technical Publishers

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Wed Aug 18 20:06:20 2004

No... It is not a good idea to /dev/null it. If you /dev/null it, the
doctrine of Acquiescence by Estoppel works in their favor (essentially latin
legalise for "Silence is Consent"). Instead, you should write on the invoice
that you never agreed to purchase the items and send it back to them certified
mail. Make a copy of the invoice with your annotation and keep it for your
records.

At that point, they are pretty much stuck.

IANAL, but, this is what I've been told by lawyers.

Owen