Re: Current street prices for US Internet Transit

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Tue Aug 17 14:38:51 2004
On 17 Aug 2004, at 14:20, Patrick W Gilmore wrote:

Things are not the same everywhere. Politics, infrastructure, labor, taxes, and a myriad of other factors make it not very useful to say "US is $30, AU is $300" and expect to draw any meaningful conclusion by the comparison - except, of course, that AU transit is more expensive than US transit.
I don't know, the Economist has been making allegedly useful comments about the relative prices of the Big Mac in different economies for a long time.

http://www.economist.com/markets/Bigmac/Index.cfm

I suppose a more direct analogy to the Big Mac Index would be to take some usefully-accurate measure of transit costs in each country, and use that to weight a comparison between other related commodities (cell phone calls? televisions? computers?)

Of course, I am not an economist, and people who are tend to scare me.

Joe