RE: WashingtonPost computer security stories

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Mon Aug 16 05:51:57 2004

> I can agree that Linux makes a good product for the niche market that it
> fills now, but there needs to be a dumbed-down version for home machines
> that is widely available and supported across the market for it to
> really make an impact.

http://www.linspire.com

Small computer shops can buy Seagate hard drives with this
preinstalled. I believe WalMart sells computers with Linspire
instead of Windows. The product was previously named Lindows
until Microsoft started attacking them in foreign courts
where they actually have some rights to Windows as a brand name.

-- Michael Dillon