Re: BGP-based blackholing/hijacking patented in Australia?

  • From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn
  • Date: Thu Aug 12 14:30:33 2004

Hi!

> > We have had running code for this since early this year, so depending on the
> > date they filed, prior art exists well documented. (blueprints obviously
> > predate running code)

> everyone has gone patent crazy, every time a new concept is developed some
> company applies for patent. is this the future or rfcs then?

I didnt read the papers, perhaps i should, but as it sounds this is
something for example mail-abuse allready does for years.

http://www.pch.net/documents/tutorials/maps-rbl-bgp-cisco-config-faq.html
http://www.dotcomeon.com/invisible_hand.html

Can anyone point me to some docs of this new project, or does it basicly
do the same thing?

Bye,
Raymond.