Re: Legal intercept - 3550

  • From: Stefan Baltus
  • Date: Wed Aug 11 15:07:21 2004

Thanks for all the replies. The best solution was by Boyan Krosnov who
suggested the following:

Configure the GE port where the traffic comes in from the fiber tap in a
separate new vlan A, access mode.
Configure fastethernet X to be in access mode for vlan A.
Configure a static mac entry for vlan A pointing the destination mac
address of the router where the traffic heads to to fastethernet X.
Connect your sniffer on Fastethernet X.
-- at this stage all traffic going to that router will be dumped to the
sniffer. Not precisely what you want.
-- now comes the trick
Configure a VLAN access-map
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_command_r
eference_chapter09186a008021145c.html
  ip access-list ext acl1
    permit ip host x.x.x.x any
    permit ip any host x.x.x.x
  vlan access-map alabala
   match ip address acl1
   action forward
  vlan filter alabala vlan-list A

This works for my case. Boyan: thanks a lot.

Stefan