Re: Quick question.

  • From: Tony Li
  • Date: Thu Aug 05 12:06:36 2004

On Aug 4, 2004, at 10:53 PM, Paul Jakma wrote:

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Alexei Roudnev wrote:

I am sorry, but I do not make a theory - I just repors practical results. 2 CPU systems are much more stable than 1 CPU system, in my experience. You are free to find an explanatiion, if you want -:).
The theory suggests your experience is unusual,

Practice suggests that there may well be good reason for this. Mainboards that are set up for 2 CPUs are likely to
be engineered to a much higher standard than your normal chop-shop cheapie special. An interesting experiment
would be to run a 1 CPU system based on the exact same 2 CPU mainboard and if it the level of reliability
would be significantly different.

Tony