Re: CWDM or DWDM passive add/drop muxes

  • From: Ben Buxton
  • Date: Thu Jul 29 08:06:20 2004

Jim Devane <[email protected]> uttered the following thing:

> I have been pretty happy with the MRV box. It is passive and it not
> manageable like an ONS etc. It has been rock solid for some time.
>
> www.mrv.com
>
> Specifically, we are using the CWDM EM316PAMULC. The only bad thing I would
> say is there is often a several week delay on delivery of ordered parts. But
> when they do arrive they work well.

I have to agree. The MRV boxes are quite nice and incredibly simple,
plus they have cheap convertors so you can use them with gear that
doesnt have GBIC/SFP based optics.

Just make sure you have a supplier who can deliver fibre patches with
'MU' type connectors - they're as rare as hens teeth and needed to plug
into the MUX.

--
Ben Buxton - Random Network Person