Re: 2511 line break

  • From: Ricardo \"Rick\" Gonzalez
  • Date: Tue Jul 27 02:34:59 2004

Randy,

> when composing my original post, i did not even consider that one
> would use anything but ssh to access a router over the net.

Based on your inability to configure NTP and send a break to a 2500,
most of us would naturally be led to believe you cannot configure SSH
on a Cisco either. =)

> Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
> IOS (tm) 2500 Software (C2500-K4P-L), Version 12.0(21)S1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Yes, you've demonstrated you can download and install an IOS image
with crypto.  Now, try using your router for basic tasks, like serial
console, while processing 3DES/Blowfish crypto without the poor
Motorola 68k CPU surging to 100% utilization and becoming really
untsable really quickly.

As they say in home country: "bueno es hablar, pero mejor es callar".

---Rico