Re: 2511 line break

  • From: vijay gill
  • Date: Mon Jul 26 17:21:27 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 04:32:53PM -0400, [email protected] wrote:
> I don't know how you run your lab nets, but if I have something on a lab net,
> it still gets secured the same way as a world-visible machine would.
>
> 1) That protects it if ever I add a gateway machine that talks to the world.
>
> 2) It keeps you in the habit of securing *everything*.
>
> Apparently, the knee-jerk 'ewww' at using telnet, even on a lab network, wasn't
> ingrained enough to configure ssh instead... Thus there's indeed a high likelyhood
> that there's still telnet being used in some corner of the production net....

as we all fall over ourselves to prove to the world how cool we are by
busting on robs lab demo and by the way, also mentioning in passing how
secure our labs are, and how rigorously we engineer them, perhaps one
might take the time to consider the fact that perhaps rob enabled this
in his lab to illustrate his answer.

/vijay