RE: VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net (fwd from ml)

  • From: Sam Stickland
  • Date: Thu Jul 22 13:00:32 2004

I think I ought to qualify my earlier email - I certainly didn't mean to
suggest that this would happen. I meant to merely comment on what the
expected increase in load might be if we did see a trend towards lower
TTLs.

Any trend towards lower TTLs would be outside of Verisign's control
anyhow, and if it did happen, it would no doubt be a gradual effect. Which
brings me back to my original question - does anyone know of any stastics
for TTL values?

Sam