Re: T1 short-haul vs. long-haul

  • From: Mark Radabaugh
  • Date: Thu Jul 22 10:20:40 2004

David Lesher wrote:

I have hard experience with SDSL vs straight DS1 service.

SDSL has three-four different companies in the picture.

You only get to talk to the first. Period. Everything beyond is
2nd hand.

They all have finger splints from overuse; pointing to each other.

I have had Verizonal leave a DS-3 feed to a DSLAM in loopback
and go home when they ran out of OT budget.

DS-1 service is a horse of a different color. Bells go off
when they go down. You can raise hell, but I never have had
to...

Except in SBC territory where T1 service means they might get around to fixing it if they feel like it (and only during normal business hours). The usual method is to declare no trouble found and close the ticket (especially if the ticket is approaching 24 hours....).

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex