RE: T1 short-haul vs. long-haul

  • From: Burton, Chris
  • Date: Wed Jul 21 19:13:24 2004

	I would watch out on the ADSL lines; most carriers I have dealt
with in the past on these types of circuits fall under the residential
category and there for do not have the same type of SLA's (24x7 support
or response window) that say an SDSL business account would.  Depending
on the required uptime you may want to stick with SDSL (Usually 2.0Mbs
Up/Down) if you go with any of the xDSL types of circuits and verify
with the Telco that their SLA fit your business needs.  Of course if
cost is not a object and you require a strong SLA for the circuit I
would stick with a T1 or even a reasonably priced Fractional T3 assuming
you have or can get the equipment.

Chris Burton
Network Engineer
Walt Disney Internet Group: Network Services

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact Walt Disney Internet Group at
206-664-4000.