Re: Campus size Wireless LAN

  • From: Brandon Pinsky
  • Date: Wed Jul 21 16:05:46 2004

I just installed a Quickbridge 60 recently. It's pretty nice. The throughput is good over a .75 mile link. I was able to successfully push ~20Mbps with an iperf test. Installation was easy relative to some of the other equipment we have installed. The feed line is UTP and the radio gets power over the UTP cable. The uplink interface is 100BaseT which is easy. My only complaint is that it is not remotely manageable. You have to have direct console to make any config changes which means taking the link down. We have another .11a system in production made by RadioLan and it is plagued by the same design flaw. Stupid... I'd like to compare it to the Cisco one. I bet it is more manageable.

BJ