Re: Looking for recommendations for Datacenter off CA Faultline

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Fri Jul 16 20:19:30 2004

Nicole wrote:

A company I work with (who's servers are located in the San Jose, CA) is
looking to setup some backup servers at a datacenter whose connectivity and
location is off any faultline, or away from other malady, that might effect its
main servers datacenter or connectivity. Problem is, they also want them as
physically close as possible.
We just had an earthquake here in Nebraska.  Maybe you want to look
around New Madrid, MO.

Might anyone have any recommendations for datacenters and or ways I can best
determine this?
Are tornadoes and lightening an issue?

 It does me no good to go to a datacenter whose connectivity also comes
from the same peeing points or fiber that would be effected or take down a
data center in South Bay. Despite being off faultline.
The CoE is pretty strict about what we dump in the river, so I
don't think there are any peeing points that would be useful for you.

 Hopefully I have worded this coherently.
Ummmmm......

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio