Re: Looking for recommendations for Datacenter off CA Faultline

  • From: Mark Kent
  • Date: Fri Jul 16 18:09:46 2004

>> A company I work with (who's servers are located in the San Jose,
>> CA) is looking to setup some backup servers at a datacenter whose
>> connectivity and location is off any faultline, or away from other
>> malady, that might effect its main servers datacenter or
>> connectivity. Problem is, they also want them as physically close
>> as possible.

Go to So. San Francisco (200 Paul; who runs that?) and choose an
alternate, significant (ATT/Sprint/MCI), provider.  If something
happens that is big enough to knock out that site *and* your San Jose
site then probably most people in the company are dead, together with
millions of people in the SF Bay area.  So the unavailability of
servers, belonging to a company not willing to put something in New
Jersey because it is too far away, becomes pretty insignificant at
that point.

-mark