Re: Spyware becomes increasingly malicious

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Thu Jul 15 02:28:30 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004, Michel Py wrote:

> - In exchange for his life, appoint Saddam Hussein to rid us of spyware
> writers. As he's on a roll, let's put spammers in the deal, too. The guy
> has a proven track record, problem is most of us live in a society that
> oppose his methods, so this does not fly.

Can we call Godwin out on this comment?

Guys, girls, etc. This whole "MacOS is based on BSD which has been looked at
for years" discussion is actaully quite silly. Why? Because the majority of the
code in MacOS X which would be abused is not going to be BSD based.
A bug in cat? tar? sed? No. It'll be a bug in Mail.app, how it ties into
the Helper app, possibly Finder.app and Applescript. It'll be some image overflow
in Safari, via Khtml and Aqua's rendering engine. It'll be something that
Is Very Not Going To Ever Have Been A Part of What You Call BSD.

So, I call crapola on that argument, and invoke a Godwin-for-21st-century based on
the above comment. Lets move on.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			I'm only a fanboy if
<[email protected]>	    I emailed Wesley Crusher.