video distribution

  • From: Christopher J. Wolff
  • Date: Wed Jul 14 16:04:33 2004

Hello,

I have a "state of the state" sort of question for you guru's out there.  If
I wanted to make a number of video streams available across an IP WAN
network, I have a couple of options.  Unicast or Multicast.  Unicast isn't
the most efficient method necessarily so my preference would be Multicast.
Now since it's been years since I've thought about Multicast, are there any
hot new technologies or methods available for video transmission over an IP
network?  Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Christopher J. Wolff VP CIO
Broadband Laboratories, Inc.
http://www.bblabs.com