Re: OT: xDSL hardware

  • From: Joe Maimon
  • Date: Wed Jul 14 07:16:45 2004

Sam Stickland wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Eric Kagan wrote:

Is anyone aware of a WIC card that will work with the lower end Cisco

gear

(1700 or 2600 series) that will allow me to terminate an ADSL or
preferably an SDSL line directly on the router? The idea being that the
router is then aware of link up/down status...

There is a WIC-1ADSL for 1700/2600. Not sure about an SDSL WIC. We have
done a few T1/ADSL and ADSL/ISDN setups and it seems to work fairly well. I
also spoke to a computer integrator that claimed they were working with
Cisco to develop a ping like action for determining if the next hop was
alive and if not set the interface down so it would failover to secondary
interface / route. I assume it would be a 12.3(x) ish release.

I believe you're talking about this, available in 12.3(8)T.

Reliable Static Routing Backup Using Object Tracking

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft/123limit/123x/123xe/dbackupx.htm

Sam

Yes but is 12.3(8)T available for the 1700/2600 routers?  IIRC, not.

Joe