Re: OT: xDSL hardware

  • From: Eric Kagan
  • Date: Tue Jul 13 22:16:53 2004

> > Is anyone aware of a WIC card that will work with the lower end Cisco
gear
> > (1700 or 2600 series) that will allow me to terminate an ADSL or
> > preferably an SDSL line directly on the router?  The idea being that the
> > router is then aware of link up/down status...

There is a WIC-1ADSL for 1700/2600. Not sure about an SDSL WIC.  We have
done a few T1/ADSL and ADSL/ISDN setups and it seems to work fairly well.  I
also spoke to a computer integrator that claimed they were working with
Cisco to develop a ping like action for determining if the next hop was
alive and if not set the interface down so it would failover to secondary
interface / route.  I assume it would be a 12.3(x) ish release.

Eric