Re: VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

  • From: David A.Ulevitch
  • Date: Sat Jul 10 23:50:18 2004

On Jul 10, 2004, at 7:35 PM, Mike Lewinski wrote:

David A.Ulevitch wrote:

I'm appreciative of this change -- but fyi, they aren't the only TLD operators doing this, there are quite a few doing near-instant changes to their respective zones.
I just registered a new .org and it had visibility from external NS not more than 15 minutes later (I would have paid closer attention to just how long it took, but didn't even think to check on it until reading this thread).

Maybe I just got lucky and hit their update window (I registered ~ 3:15AM UTC on 11-July-2004 fwiw). Anyone know the status of .org updates?
Nope, .org is run this way also (since the handover to udns, if I remember right. I don't know of a comprehensive list of tld's in this setup but I would say that the list is only growing...I learn of tlds running in this fashion every once in a while[1].

-davidu

1: not to imply any connection to when I notice it and when it is actually implemented. ;)