Re: VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Sat Jul 10 18:10:27 2004

Hmm... May be, you are correct - if you sell service to the 'consumers'
(inexperienced customers), they do not expect any delays between 'payment
completed' and 'I can see my brand new domain WWW.HOW-COOL-I-AM.COM. And
TTL's/caches do not prevent you from this, because you did not requested
this domain before.

This is still just Public relation, but very useful, I agree.

PS. I  know about other operator, I just wanted to verify, who appreciate
this improvement - I agree that it is good for average consumer market (I
want to show my new WEB to  my friends NOW, while I am on weekend
downloading my photos, and I do not want to know about 24h, IP hops, DNS
cliens, TTLs and so on ... ). One more step in making Internet the same
'simple to use' reality as houses, cars, TV....